Arowana Mall, as the name suggests, is a mall with the battle taking place outside. There is a variety of inaccessible stores, and plenty of different paths leading to high spots, making this map effective for secretly shooting enemies. Water is underneath the central part of this stage, so the player must be careful to avoid falling and drowning. There are several ideal spots for an Inkling with a charger to roost. With this being a tightly closed area, rollers are effective here.
Arowana Mall's total area is 2022p.
- The Middle - The Middle is probably where most battles in this map will take place as it's where the two sides meet. It can be reached from all sides of the map. It's usually sought after during the beginning of the battle and throughout the match, as it can be easily taken over and protected. The ramps leading up to the Middle can be easily be taken by the team in control of the area, preventing the opposing team from attacking from that direction. Just to the left of the ramps are an area which can be used to secretly climb up to the middle
- The Right Side - The Right Side is the same for both teams. It can only be reached from a team's Respawn point and from the Middle. It leads into roundabout areas which are usually claimed by the end of the game. The Right Side cannot be accessed from these areas but they can be useful to cover the opposing team's turf or their own but are easily targetable by the other team and can be forgotten about.
- The Left Side - Just like the Right Side, the Left Side is also the same for both teams. It is typically taken by the team who controls the side it is on and can be a great vantage point for Inklings with chargers planning to attack the Middle, but leaves them very exposed, as the path leading up to it is a grate, which they can only walk on in humanoid form (squids will fall through the grate to the water below).
- Splat Zones - In Arowana Mall, the splatzone is located at the Middle of the map and is usually taken and reclaimed several times thorugh out the battle. A platform has been added connecting the gaps on the Left Side and the Right Side.
- Tower Control - In Arowana Mall, the tower is located at the Middle of the map. The tower will go under the middle of the map and go to the finish which is nearly in front of the Respawn Point.
- Rainmaker - The Rainmaker is located in the center of the middle area. The Rainmaker must be taken to a pedestal located in the lower area of the rival's base.
- Splat Zones - TBA
- Tower Control - The tower has overall the same path that it has in Splatoon, but with a few turns and two checkpoints added in as well.
- Rainmaker - Same as Splatoon, except the pedestal is moved over to the left more in each base.
- Clam Blitz - TBA
- Water - There is a lot of water surrounding the Middle. Falling into water will kill Inklings.
- Outside Fencing - On the Right Side, Inklings in squid form may fall through the outer fencing, forcing them to respawn.
- The map was released in the initial release of Splatoon on the game's release date of May 29, 2015.
- The map was added to Splatoon 2 on February 1, 2018 at 9pm ET (6pm PT)
- The hanging flags in front of the Respawn Points will fix with both teams' current ink colors.
- There was a technique or glitches that the players can jump over the unreachable ledges from the right side pathways to the both team's Respawn Points. This problem was modified by adding new pipes on the ledges after ver.2.1.0.
Names in other languages
|French (NA)||Centre Arowana|
|Spanish||Plazuela del Calamar|
- ↑ Perfectly Nintendo on Twitter: "Splatoon 2: the 11th additional stage, Arowana Mall, is now available!"
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-CZhGDR9uM