The Hydra Splatling is a Main Splatling weapon in Splatoon, so called because of its three barrels, like a three headed dragon called a hydra. It has a long charge time, but a long fire time (enough to kill multiple players) and long range (enough to match chargers).
Tips and Tricks
- The Hydra splatting has the 4th best range in the game (after the E-Liter 3K Scope, E-Liter 3K, and Splatterscope) Use the weapon's range to splat Shooter and Rollers from a distance.
- Since it has long range and is somewhat mobile, it can be used to take down enemy Chargers.
- It can be used similarly to a Charger. It has a longer firing time (easier to hit moving or multiple targets) and doesn't show a laser, meaning that opponents won't know if they're being targeted. However, it takes longer to fully charge, leaving the vulnerable for long period of time.
- Like a Charger, the biggest threats are Shooters, Rollers and Sloshers. Watch the map and be aware of them.
- The normal Hydra Splatling is suited to be used like a Charger, with Burst Bombs too kills opponents who get too close and Echolocator as a support weapon.
- The Custom Variation is better suited for fighting offensively. Sprinkler helps you grab turf, and Bubbler is great for team rushes or to protect while moving into opponent territory