|“||BEAT IT LOSER!!||”|
— Moe, when entering the hat shop while under level 4
Personality and traits
It is hinted at in the nineteenth Sunken Scroll that Moe might be manipulating Annie, whose hair he lives in. It states, "Is the big fluffy one providing shelter for the little fishy one, or is the little fishy one manipulating the big fluffy one? We may never know…"
- Once the player reaches Level 20, after Annie complements the player on their freshness, Moe will shout, "I'M STILL FRESHER!"
- When the player visits the hat shop at level 10, Moe will shout "YOU'RE STILL A NERD!"
- When the player buys a hat, Moe will shout "YOU'LL BE BACK!"
- When the player selects a hat and then decides not to buy it or he/she has it already, Moe will scream "WASTIN' OUR TIME!"
- "YER BROKE!" is what Moe will say when the player tries to buy a hat they can't afford.
- When the player comes in, Moe yells "GIVE US YER CASH!" and Annie then greets the player.
- "BEAT IT, NERD!" when the player is offline.
- "BEAT IT LOSER!" when the player is below Level 4
- Characterized as a clownfish with an attitude, Moe may be a reference to the title character of the Disney•Pixar film Finding Nemo, the immature Nemo.
- Moe might also be a refence to Moe from the comic strip Calvin and Hobbes, the Moe from Calvin and Hobbes, is rude, just like Moe.