Moray Towers features a bunch of ramps and narrow areas, making hard to traverse without the player being aware of its surroundings.
There are two ways to get to an enemy's base - the narrow walkways and the ramps and walls. Therefore, the player could either be sneaky or defensive in getting to the enemy base.
Notable locations may include the three wide platforms upon entering the main ring, as those may be where opponents may hide to catch the player off guard and splat the player and the surrounding territory.
Hints and Tricks
- When standing on the lowest tower, the E-Liter 3K, E-Liter 3K Scope, Splatterscope, and (just barely) Hydra Splatling, and their custom variations can all splat players on the other side.
- Fast Shooters (such as the Splatershot Jr, N-Zap 85 and Aerospray MG can all easily sneak into opposing territory, great for dealing with enemy Chargers.
- There is a gap on the lowest tower between the end of the pole and beginning of the barrier that a scoped weapon can fire through, splatting players in cover. This is in both Splatoon 1 and 2.
- Splat Zones - This map contains two zones in Splat Zones (much like in Blackbelly Skatepark): they are opposite to each other on the first platforms away from the center. The small area to the side of the first platform area is greatly expanded including more access points to the Splat Zone.
- Tower Control - The tower is located on the center of the map, the tower will go to the air, where players can easily fall down and get splatted. Then, the tower will go to the finish in between the second and third floor immediately in front of the large ramp.
- Rainmaker - The Rainmaker is located in the center on the lowest point of the map. The Rainmaker must be taken to a pillar located on the fourth level on the rival's side. The small area to the side of the first platform area is greatly expanded making traversing a little less hazardous.
- Chasms - If the player decides to skip the ramps and jump down an entire level, the jump could fall short, although this is unlikely. Though when climbing up walls, these chasms become very dangerous as many of the traversable shortcuts are suspended over it.
- This map was featured in the Japanese Splatfest trailer.
- The map was added to Splatoon on July 10, 2015 at 10pm ET (7pm PT)
- The map was released in the initial release of Splatoon 2 on the game's release date of July 21, 2017.
- This map was also featured in a Splatoon Treehouse stream showing Tower Control, confirming the level's existence.
- During the unveiling of the regular or ranked battle stages, when Callie and Marie talk about Moray Towers, Marie says, "Chargers are the very best, like no gun ever was!", referencing the Pokémon anime introduction theme. Moreover, Callie exclaims, "Rollers are super effective here!", a reference to a super-effective attack in the Pokémon games.
- Moray Towers was leaked in the huge datamine that revealed tons of DLC.
- In the Splatoon 2 trailer, Moray Towers was seen to have Ink railings.
Names in other languages
|Beltfish Parking (Lot)|
|French (NA)||Tours Girelle||Girelle Towers|