Mr. Grizz is the owner of Grizzco in Splatoon 2. He has the responsibility of training, coaching, and supervising his employees.
Mr. Grizz speaks through a fishing bear statue with a radio antenna attached to it. His true appearance remains unknown.
When the player enters Salmon Run for the first time, he greets the player and gives them two tutorials before they can play the mode online, showcasing how to defeat each Boss Salmonid (excluding Griller and Mothership). However, if the player enters before reaching Level 4, Mr. Grizz will see that they're a newbie and won't let them play Salmon Run as they would be a "liability".
Mr. Grizz supplies the player with advice on how to handle each event when one occurs in game, along with congratulating the player after each round and how well (or not-so-well) the player has done at the end of a match.
Mr. Grizz's Quotes
- Mr. Grizz will say "Hey, kid. How'd ya like to shape the future of Inkopolis? Welcome to Grizzco Industries. I'm Mr. Grizz. Here at Grizzco, we're tryin' to make the world a better place, see? And we need fresh young talent to do it. Yeah, it's just your run-of-the-mill, manual-labor type of work, but's for a good cause, and we pay well. So whaddaya say, kid? The next training boat is headin' out now. You ready to be part of somethin' bigger than yourself?" when you enter Grizzco for the first time when level 4 or higher.
- Mr. Grizz will say "Welcome to Grizzco Industries. And congrats on taking the first step towards financial securi— Oh, you're a newb. Look, I'd hire ya, but it ain't legal. Besides, you'd just be a liability. Come back once you've hit level 4, and I'll give ya a job." when the player enters Grizzco below level 4.
- Mr. Grizz will say "The egg basket is ready and waiting. Now go get me some Golden Eggs!" When a wave is about to start.
- Mr. Grizz will say "You've got a Boss Salmonid incoming. DO YOUR JOB!" at the start of a normal or high tide wave.
- Mr. Grizz will say "A school of Salmonids is gathering down at the shoreline. Group up and bring 'em down." at the start of a low tide wave.
- Mr. Grizz will say "There's a group of Cohocks down by the shoreline. I'll leave a cannon. You know what to do." at the start of a Cohock Charge wave.
- Mr. Grizz will say "Looks like the fog's rolling in. Stay sharp. NO SLACKING!" at the start of a foggy wave.
- Mr. Grizz will say "Smells like a school of Salmonids have spawned by the shoreline. Curse this fog..." at the start of a foggy low tide wave.
- Mr. Grizz will say "A Mothership. You'll need to organize to bring it down. But don't even THINK about starting a union!" at the start of a Mothership wave.
- Mr. Grizz will say "You've got a Mothership down by the shore. You guys might want to coordinate if you want to survive." at the start of a low tide Mothership wave.
- Mr. Grizz will say "MY EGG BASKET! Don't let those slimy Salmonids touch my eggs!" when the Mothership is moving towards the basket.
- During a Griller wave, Mr. Grizz will say "Here comes a Griller... Aim for its exposed tail. That'll let your coworkers know where to shoot, too." and also "Looks like you got 2 Grillers out there. Take them out before they barbecue your entire work crew."
- Mr. Grizz will say "The Salmonids are restless. Oh, I see why - there are Glowflies here. Once they start glowing, buckle up." at the start of a Rush wave.
- During a Goldie Seeking wave, Mr. Grizz will say "I can feel it... The Gold One approaches! Find it and ink it until it drops its Golden Eggs!", "There's the Goldie! Take its eggs!", and "That sneaky Goldie is hiding! Find it!"
- Mr. Grizz will say "Come to papa, little eggs... NOW BRING ME MORE!" after clearing waves 1 and 2.
- Mr. Grizz will say "Well done. That's the last of 'em. Now get back to the boat." after clearing wave 3. He used to say "Well done. That's the last of 'em. Hmph... All right, get back to the boat."
- Mr. Grizz will say "Let's see... you harvested (Number of golden eggs collected) Golden Eggs this time. Nice haul." if you win a Salmon Run Match.
- Mr. Grizz will say "I gotta say - You might be the best employee I've ever had. A true profreshional." if you win a Salmon Run match with a Profreshional rank.
- Mr. Grizz will say "WHAT A HAUL!! The sea has blessed you with its bounty. I should think about giving you a raise." if you win a Salmon Run match with over 100 Golden Eggs in total.
- Mr. Grizz will say "NO WAY! You cleared Hazard Level MAX? You're as lethal as the sea herself!" if you win a Salmon Run match at the maximum difficulty level.
- Mr. Grizz will say "Ooh, crew wipe. Let's see how many eggs ya got. (Number of golden eggs collected)? Not terrible." if your Team Members all get wiped out.
- Mr. Grizz will say "TIME'S UP! Let's see how many eggs ya got. Just (number of golden eggs collected)? That's a shame." if you run out of time and don't meet your quota.
- Mr. Grizz will say "Not a single golden egg? Maybe I should have made you read the training manual." If you lose or run out of time if you don't get a single Golden Egg in the Egg Basket within Wave 1.
- If you use a Grizzco weapon during Wave 3, he will say "How'd ya like the fancy weapon, kid? That's one of my favorites."
- According to an interview with the developers, Mr. Grizz may not even be observing the workplace and may be using an automatic speech program.
- When playing Salmon Run in The Shoal, Mr. Grizz's icon will be darkened and will be known as a "Raspy Voice".
- Mr. Grizz's appearance is based on the kibori kuma, being a wood carved bear with a fish in its mouth.
- His fishing bear radio statue is similar in appearance to the Fossilized Ursidae in Pikmin 2