The Sploosh-o-matic is similar to the Splash-o-matic as it has rapid-fire shots. It has shorter range and accuracy but makes up for it with its attack power. It is in a set with the Curling Bomb as its Sub Weapon and the Splashdown as its Special Weapon.
"The perfect weapon for getting up-close and personal! High attack power and rate of fire, but its range is extremely limited."
Shooters are the backbone of (almost) any good team. They're versatile and varied with each weapon, and cover plenty of ground, as well as apply more pressure to the enemy team than either Charger or Roller weapons.
The Sploosh-o-matic is a great weapon for covering ink due to its funnel effect that weapons like the Splattershot Jr. and the Aerospray MG have. However, unlike said weapons this weapon has decent damage so can handle opponents easier although this does mean it uses ink up more quickly. The weapon is equipped with Squid Beakons so it is easy to reach areas when teammates are not and the Killer Wail can be used to splat people with superior range to me.
Tips for facing each weapon type
- Shooter-type weapons are slightly out of your favor - unfortunately, your weapon has some very low range. The best option is to either sneak up behind them and ambush them or have gear that has Ninja Squid ability to approach them to deal with it. Exploit your fire rate and your damage and you should splat them quickly.
- Roller-type weapons can be tricky as the majority of them outrange you. It is best to sneak or surprise attack them or use the Killer Wail to target an area of high Roller activity.
- Charger-type weapons have a pretty big advantage over you in this matchup, due to their amazing range. The best choice is to save your Killer Wail to splat them or force them away from their high ground the take care of them .If your special isn't charged yet, the best choice is to leave the area to cover more turf elsewhere, until it is charged. Of course, sneaking around behind is a perfectly good option as well.
- Slosher weapons are annoying beacuse their high coverage and damage area. If a special is charged up it can prove effective, but usually just try to get them from the side.
- Splatlings are a favourable matchup of the sploosh-o-matic as the weapons fast kill time is excellent at taking out splatlings before they can charge up.
Although it has a very short range, it has a high rate of fire and a high aggression, and is a close-range shooter. Dive quickly into the opponent's pocket and run around the forefront. The sub is the "Curling Bomb" and the special is the "Splashdown".
- The ink consumption of 0.8% allows players to fire 125 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the first shot takes 3 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the first shot takes 8 frames to come out.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 5 frames between shots.
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.8 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 15 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- If a shot is in the air for more than 6 frames after being fired, it loses 1.1875 damage per frame until it reaches 19 damage at frame 22.
- The Sploosh-o-matic starts off having a 4% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle.
- After that, the shot's velocity is set to 17.82 units if it is not already lower than the listed value, and decreases further as it falls to the ground.
- The frequency at which ink drips from a shot occurs at a rate of 1.4 droplets per shot.
There are a total of 5 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Droplets that occur within 11 units of the player have a radius of 22 units, and a width of 11.5 units.
- These droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1.2 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.4 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- Droplets that are far from the player and all other droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.2 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
Sploosh-o-matic is derived from 'sploosh', a word similar to 'splash', and 'automatic'. The '-o-matic' suffix is also a common, clichéd naming convention for technological gadgets.
ボールドマーカー bōrudo mākā is in reference to the partly pen-based appearance of the Sploosh-o-matic. The name is also to contrast it with the Splash-o-matic. The highly accurate Splash-o-matic is named after a sharp marker pen, while the Sploosh-o-matic with its wide, cone-shaped muzzle is more akin to a bold marker pen.
Names in other languages
|French||Marqueur lourd||Heavy Marker|
|Spanish (NOA)||Marcador grueso||Thick Marker|