When used, it continually sprays ink in a circular ring around itself, in a staggering motion, until it breaks. It can be thrown onto virtually any surface, including ones that are upside-down. If the user throws another sprinkler with one already in use, or the user is splatted, the first one will automatically break.
- Throwing it where Inklings usually pass by forces them to use a small amount of ink to clear the area up.
- As it allows you to throw it onto upside down surfaces, throw it upside down as the shower of ink may damage and confuse Inklings.
- Throwing it on hard-to-reach areas such as the moving platform on Saltspray Rig will allow it to ink more turf and be harder for enemies to destroy.
- The Sprinkler can also be used to distract opposing Inklings, giving its user an opportunity to attack while their focus is on the Sprinkler.
- It can be used as a shield. Throw it down, and shoot over it. This works best for stationary weapons like The Kelp Splat Charger, Kelp Splatterscope, and Custom Hydra Splatling
- Shooting the sprinkler will cause it to break. Make sure to shoot any enemy sprinklers in sight, as they will continue spreading ink unless you destroy it.
- If you are using a short ranged weapon, watch out for opponents near the sprinkler
|Kelp Splat Charger||Sprinkler||Killer Wail|
|Kelp Splatterscope||Sprinkler||Killer Wail|
|Custom Hydra Splatling||Sprinkler||Bubbler|
- The Sprinkler in Splatoon resembles an irrigation sprinkler.
Names in other languages