First Squidbeak Splatoon
At the second year of the Great Turf Wars, this group was formed. This group of four fighters consisted of three Inklings and Sheldon's grandfather, Ammoses Shellendorf. The person sitting in front of Ammoses was their leader, a younger Cap'n Cuttlefish.
New Squidbeak Splatoon
Around a hundred years later, a new Squidbeak Splatoon was formed by the now-elderly Cap'n Cuttlefish, who selected the player and his granddaughters to be its members. The New Squidbeak Splatoon successfully defeated the Great Octoweapons and DJ Octavio on two different occasions, recruiting Agent 4 on the second occasion. Together, they recaptured the stolen Zapfish and restored power to Inkopolis.
While Marie was looking for her lost cousin Callie, she organized a new Squidbeak Splatoon of her own, with the returning player as one of its members. Sometime after the events of Splatoon 2, Cap'n Cuttlefish has recently retired from active duty and passed on his captain's hat to Agent 3.
- Cap'n Craig Cuttlefish - Cap'n Cuttlefish was the leader of the New Squidbeak Splatoon. He resides in a small shack in Octo Valley, wearing tattered clothing and a ragged Legendary Cap. In the Octo Expansion, he has a new look, wearing a new white hat, a tracksuit with headphones and some slip-ons and guides Agent 8 to get back to Inkopolis.
- Ammoses Shellendorf - Ammoses Shellendorf was a horseshoe crab who excelled in designing weapons. He is also the grandfather of Sheldon, who currently manages Ammo Knights.
- Judd - Judd was a feline member of the Squidbeak Splatoon who presumably joined after he was awakened from his cryogenic slumber. His exact function in the platoon remains unknown, as he does not appear to be able to manage a weapon. He currently judges matches of Turf War and Ranked Battle and can often be seen sleeping on a pillow in Inkopolis.
- Male Inkling - He can be seen in Sunken Scroll 15 wearing an Ink Tank on his back.
- Female Inkling - She can be seen in Sunken Scroll 15 leaning against a rock.
New Squidbeak Splatoon
- Agent 1 - Agent 1, or Callie, wears a pink beanie decorated with a large golden star, a pink sweatshirt, and sunglasses to conceal her identity. Agent 1 is the cousin of Agent 2. In the final boss battle In Splatoon 2, she is kidnapped and mind-controlled with "hypnoshades" by DJ Octavio, assisting him during the battle. She is rescued and appears at Cuttlefish Cabin after beating the final boss.
- Agent 2 - Agent 2, or Marie, wears a green hat embroidered with an orange emblem, a green shirt, and a surgical mask to conceal her identity. Agent 2 is the cousin of Agent 1. In Octo Canyon in Splatoon 2, she recruits Agent 4 and guides them throughout missions, also appearing during the final battle, to free Agent 1 from the mind-control of the "hypnoshades" by shooting them off with a Hero Charger Replica
- Agent 3 - The player character in Splatoon enters Octo Valley to be immediately greeted by Cap'n Cuttlefish, who recruits them to defeat DJ Octavio and rescue the Great Zapfish along the way. They reappear in the Octo Expansion to help support Cuttlefish but is attacked by the Telephone and briefly hypnotized into battling Agent 8. As of Splatoon 3, they are the captain of the New Squidbeak Splatoon after Cuttlefish's retirement.
- Agent 4 - The player character in Splatoon 2 enters Octo Canyon and promptly meets Marie, who gives them a new Hero Suit and entrusts them with finding the missing Great Zapfish and Callie. They eventually found and defeated DJ Octavio, freeing Callie from his mind control and rescuing the Great Zapfish.
- Agent 3 (new) - The player character in Splatoon 3 and their little buddy are recruited from the Splatlands in response to the appearance of Fuzzy Ooze and the Mammalians.
These characters have all worked for/with the New Squidbeak Splatoon, but either are not full members, or their full membership status is currently unknown.
- Sheldon - As noted by Marie at Cuttlefish Cabin, Sheldon was invited to be part of the New Squidbeak Splatoon in Splatoon 2, but declined, maintaining that the "technology team" must keep distance from the "troops on the front lines". Nevertheless, he still provides assistance, lending Agent 4 several hero weapons and occasionally commenting and giving advice during missions. During the final boss battle, he is seen driving a flying truck with Marie on top, reminiscent of the trucks used during Splatoon 1's Splatfests.
- Agent 8 - The first Octoling member of the New Squidbeak Splatoon, they were recruited by Craig Cuttlefish when they were knocked into the Deepsea Metro alongside him and Agent 3 by an unknown third party. They escape the depths with the help of Cuttlefish and Off the Hook and later save Inkopolis from being destroyed by Commander Tartar.
- Pearl Houzuki - This Inkling wanted to help out Agent 8 and Cap'n Cuttlefish upon overhearing them in the Deepsea Metro. She did so through giving advice and by cheering, as well as lending Agent 8 some CQ Points when they ran out. She also taught Cap'n Cuttlefish some rapping tips.
- Marina Ida - This Octoling also helped Agent 8 and Cap'n Cuttlefish during the Octo Expansion, feeling that she wanted to help her fellow Octoling escape. She did so by giving advice and hacking into the metro's systems when needed.
- If the player talks to Marie in Splatoon 2 for too long before completing the story mode, she might mention that she may have to look for an Agent 5.