The Chirpy Chips (JP: ABXY) are a band of four in Inkopolis that provide music for multiplayer matches. Their style of music is similar to that of the Chiptune music genre, which is composed of rock elements and a synth that sounds similar to notes in 8 or 16 bit game soundtracks. They first appeared in the v2.0.0 update and the v3.0.0 update for both Splatoon and Splatoon 2 respectively.
The drummer. He is a lobster with an image from the UI on their shirt.
The bassist. He is an flapjack octopus with grey and purple hair.
The lead vocalist and keyboardist. She is sea anemone girl, accompanied by a black clownfish as her companion. She wears a yellow and gray striped cap, a t-shirt with green and pink symbols on it (possibly with frills on the end, unknown if that is a skirt hidden within her t-shirt) and blue trainers with large tongues and white soles. Her hair is a light-pinkish colour and comes down in long, thick strands, with some of them having purple hair bands on them. Her eyes have green irises and a pink sclera.
The guitarist and backup vocalist. He is an unknown creature (possibly plankton) wearing a shirt with a reference to The Dark Side of the Moon. Possibly the bass/guitar player or another keyboard player.
- Shellfie (Lista de amigos)
- Split and Splat (Quick Start)
- Blitz It (Chip Damage)
- Wave Prism (Battery Full)
- The vocalist's favorite character in the Metal Gear Solid video game series is Huey Emmerich, this is because they're a coward.
- The band's name in the Japanese version is "ABXY", which is a reference to the Japanese chiptune band YMCK.
- It is also a reference to the A, B, X, and Y buttons, usually found on most gaming controllers and consoles.